There’s something nostalgic and carefree about ending a day at the beach, pool, or summer camp with a fun and refreshing treat. These delicious summertime treats are sure to bring smiles to everyone!
Have you tried making your own popsicles? Not only are the ingredients generally healthier, but you can experiment with flavor combinations all summer long! Invest in a popsicle-making kit, like a silicone frozen popsicle mold that includes a funnel, plastic bags, recipe book, and sticks.
Here are some fun popsicle recipes to try:
- This recipe for Healthy Homemade Fruit Popsicles shares techniques and four different fruit combinations for your delicious treat.
- This guide teaches you how to make fruity, creamy, and even vegetable popsicles!
- Or bring back childhood memories with these homemade Fudge Pops.
Even easier than making popsicles, freezing fruit makes for a cooling and tasty treat. Freezing your fruit before it goes bad is also a great way to avoid spoiling and waste!
- Frozen bananas on a stick make for a quick popsicle-like treat. For a special occasion, dress up your bananas with chocolate and toppings using these fun recipes.
- Grapes also freeze well for a quick, chilly snack. They can be added to smoothies or used as iced cubes. (Always ensure that your grapes are cut up for smaller kids.)
- Frozen berries are also fun to pop into your mouth for a quick snack. This works best with smaller berries like blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. You may want to slice your strawberries before freezing. Here are some tips for freezing.
Smoothies are an excellent and delicious way to pack in your fruits and vegetables! Here are 20 Delicious Smoothie Recipes for summer. Double the recipe and pour the leftovers into your molds to make them into popsicles.
Homemade Ice Cream
Store-bought ice cream has come a long way, but nothing beats fresh homemade.
- Classic homemade vanilla ice cream is made with eggs and can be used as the base to add sauces and mix-in toppings.
- Not a fan of eggs? Try this version instead.
- This list of 30 Homemade Ice Cream Recipes includes pistachio, cookies ‘n cream, and mocha. The hardest part will be deciding which one to make!
Ice Cream Sandwiches
Don’t have the time or patience to make ice cream? How about adding some layers of fun with these creative ice cream sandwich ideas?
- Make a classic-tasting ice cream sandwich with Nabisco wafers using this recipe.
- Or, try squishing your ice cream between two chocolate chip cookies. (Try this with warm cookies!)
- Need to feed a crowd? Try this sheet pan version.
- Other cookie ideas include Peanut Butter Cookies with Peanut Butter Ice Cream, Oatmeal Raisin, or Butter Pecan with Peach Ice Cream.
Parfaits In a Jar
If you want your summer treat to be Pinterest and Instagram-worthy, look no further than these 25 Amazing No-Bake Desserts in Jars. These creative desserts not only look adorable, but they taste delicious, too!
Fruit & Cream
Visiting a local farm to pick berries or peaches is a fun family activity. If any of your pickings make it all the way home, you can try one of these delicious pairings:
After your family works up an appetite playing in the sun, they’re sure to appreciate these creative summer snack ideas. It’s a perfect time to incorporate seasonal fresh fruits and spend a little more time making something special and memorable!