Summer@Stratford – Discover Where the Extraordinary Begins
Stratford School infuses its STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) program into an innovative and enriching summer camp experience. A wide variety of camp sessions are designed especially for children entering Preschool through 5th Grade.
Beginning in Preschool, weekly themes come to life as Young Campers learn, explore, and engage in imaginative camp-style activities that promote STEAM learning.
By combining inquiry-based projects with an abundance of enriched activities, Campers develop foundational skills, social skills, and self-confidence – all while enjoying non-stop summer camp fun.
For Elementary-age Campers, we take our enriched academic preparation and themed project-based learning to a completely new level! Campers collaboratively tackle real-world problems guided by cross-curricular principles in a fun and engaging way and summer camp is available to children grades 1-5.
Camp sessions, tailored for each grade level, include:
- Aqua Adventure – Be prepared to embark on an aqua adventure of a lifetime! We will “Slip ‘N Slide” our way through water balloon battles, obstacle courses, and relay races.
- Gone Fishing – Let’s go fishing! Get ready to play go fish and catch goldfish! A sea scavenger hunt needs our help to find Dory and fish for clues!
- Out of this World – Put on your space suit and grab your rocket ship as we shoot into space with science and art.
- Survivor – Join us for a week of awesome challenges and games!
- Young Authors – In this week-long course we will take a look at different authors’ craft and try to incorporate what we like in our own writing.
- Canvas Kids – Students will explore Western art through a historical perspective and have the opportunity to create art inspired by the works of the great masters.
- The Mystery of the Missing Mascot – Are you good at solving mysteries? Well, our school mascot, Socrates the Lion, has gone missing. We are forming a team of eager detectives who can work together to connect clues, decode messages, evaluate evidence and ask the right questions that lead to finding our beloved mascot.
- Stratford’s World Olympics – The Summer Olympics at Stratford will truly be a world affair!
Campers can also enroll in our Destination Science camps featuring:
- Robot Island and Movie Makers – Make motorized bots to conquer challenges and uncover the science behind making animated movies.
- Galactic Space Training – Create your own Millennium Starship and motorized Rover Droid to complete space challenges.
- Playspace Engineering and Spy-Tech – Construct a solar-powered playground and use science detective skills to solve a mystery.
- STEAM Inventors and Gravity Racers – Invent using a STEAM machine and explore physics with your own RC Anti-Gravity Racer.
Camp doesn’t have to be over at 3:30 p.m. Summer@Stratford extends the camp day with engaging and creative activities to keep campers active until 6:00 p.m. This option can be added to any full-day camp session.
Camp sessions run from June 8 to August 7. For more information explore Summer@Stratford at www.stratfordschools.com/summer.