Halloween is going to be a little different this year compared to the past, but that doesn’t mean it has to be less fun! I love finding cute and creative treats to make during the holidays and this year I plan on having nights where the kids and I make yummy treats for them to enjoy. Below are some of my go-to recipes for fun and delicious times!
- Any type of cookie will work. You can use homemade cookies, or if you are in a rush, pre-made cookie dough (or even store-bought cookies) can work.
- Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Candy Eyes
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Bake Cookies as directed. As you pull them out of the oven use a teaspoon-measuring spoon to make divots in the middle of the cookie and then allow the cookies to cool completely.
- While you are waiting for your cookies to cool, place a cup of chocolate chips in a bowl and microwave them in intervals of 12 seconds until they are completely melted. You will use this melted chocolate to drizzle the legs onto the cookies.
- Now place Your Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups in the middle of the cookie where your divot is. By placing a dap of melted chocolate on the back of the candy eyes, you can then stick them into place on the peanut butter cups. Lastly, use your melted chocolate to drizzle the spiders legs onto the cookies. I used the smallest tip on my Wilton cake decorating set. Let the melted chocolate dry.
Disclaimer: Ingredients and Instructions from shesaved.com
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 10 ounce bags mini marshmallows
- green food dye
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 9 cups rice krispies generic brand works great too
- 1/2 cup melted chocolate or chocolate frosting for the hair and mouth
- 1 large marshamallow
- 2 brown m&ms or junior mints
- 1 pokey stick or you can use extra melted chocolate
- Prepare a casserole dish by greasing it with butter.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, add butter and marshmallows. Microwave in 30 second increments, let them get all big and poofy and then stir. Continue microwaving until melted.
- Add as much green food dye as desired and then add vanilla.
- Add rice krispies and gently stir. Dump into prepared pan and gently press flat using a buttered spatula or your buttered hand 🙂
- Let cool for a few minutes and then pour melted chocolate on to because the “hair” and sprinkle on chocolate sprinkles. Cut the large marshmallow in half and place the sticky side down to create “eyes.” Use a little meted chocolate as glue to put on the M&M’s as “pupils” and the pocky stick cut in two as eyebrows. Pipe on a mouth using melted chocolate or black food gel and enjoy!
Disclaimer: Ingredients, Decorations, and Instructions from yourcupofcake.com
- Strawberries, whole
- Bag of White Chocolate melts
- 1 cup of Milk Chocolate melts
- Melt white chocolate melts in a double broiler or a microwave safe bowl by following the directions on the back of the package. In a small bowl do the same thing with the milk chocolate.
- Wash and dry the strawberries and then dip them. Place them on a sheet of parchment paper. Before you place them make a little tail before you place the dipped strawberry down to create the ghost. Continue with all the strawberries and let them dry.
- Put the milk chocolate in a pipping bag with a small circle tip (or you can place in a ziplock bag and cut a tiny slit in the corner of the bag).
- Pipe 2 circle eyes and an oval mouth on each strawberry to create the white chocolate strawberry ghost.
Disclaimer: Ingredients and Instructions from madeitateitlovedit.com
Feel free to check out all of these amazing blogs (tagged) there are so many more great recipes that they have!